Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm (zzzzz) -- sob*sniff -- fine!

Today last week has caught up with me -- but in the wierdest of ways.

I'm tired.

My eyes feel very soar and I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror...it's a crazy attempt at looking like me. The make-up didn't get put on right this morning or maybe my color is just off today. The hair is not performing so much as making a presence. Sort of a "just be glad you have hair" day. Even my clothes seem exhausted as they are just stuck on my body, pieces of material here and there that have no real shape or attractive quality. Mainly they are here because I grabbed them out of the closet this morning -- silently asked them to help me out -- and they are here in name only. I am meerly wearing a "sweater" today ..not a "nice sweater." It's all they can offer. I TOTALLY understand.

Then there's Gina. She throws a little fit. I should put her in a time out ..but instead I have this crazy giddy feeling that comes over me and I want to laugh, cry with her, give her whatever she wants because she's so beautiful...so sweet...so perfect...SNAP OUT OF IT! She's being a stinker and I'm just not operating on all cylinders.

I was reading the Bible today. Hosea. I have never read Hosea only heard other people talk about it. I have never read the whole Bible -- only taken other peoples word for what was actually in it. Now I am reading it and I am excited about actually reading the books that I have heard other people explain in their own words before. Now I can read it, know it, put it in my own words. Well....I was getting a little emotional. I was so happy to have the Bible to read. That doesn't sound crazy does it?

But then there's this... Once I realized what was happening next... I realized that I am just TIRED!

I was watching Everyday Italtian with Gieda... can't remember her last name right now. She was making a cake out of a cake mix. I had never seen her use a cake mix before. Her kitchen was so beautiful and I felt myself getting choked up. I was so happy to have the chance to see her.. I was thinking how much I really did love her.. I felt bad about finding some of her gestures and mouth noises annoying ..and then I realized... Oh for crying out loud! I'm exhausted! That's what's going on here!!!

I hope to get some rest... An uninterupted nap, a complete night's sleep, time to lean against the kitchen counter and just turn my brain off for 3 whole minutes. Whatever! Just as long as it's rest!

Zzzzzzzzz

Debbie

No comments: