Thursday, December 11, 2014

The TRUTH about Santa (Shhhhhh...Not for those under 12 yrs old)

It was last year.. We knew Erin was hearing things at school.. she was putting 2 and 2 together.. Santa was fading away from her..



We didn't like that..

Matt thought of it.. he came up with what we should say..

(But I insisted it be at Starbucks.. I thought I had to have a holiday drink in my hand when we did this.)



We looked into the eyes of our little girl.. her eyes get real big sometimes.. she had big eyes at that moment.



Erin, 

(We were nervous.. anxious... couldn't believe we were having "this moment"...)

The truth is...

There really IS a Santa Claus....  



There is a legend about a man that lived a long time ago and he gave gifts to children.

He did it because God had given him the best gift of all -- Jesus.



When that man died it was his hope that others would pick up where he left off and continue to give gifts to each other -- in the name of Santa Claus -- but because of JESUS.

We've been doing it..... and now... ....You can do it too!

Are you ready for it?

Her eyes were still big and she said.. 

"Yes!"



Then she smiled at us and said "I like this..."

And that's how we told Erin the truth about Santa Claus.










1 comment:

sally j. arnold said...

I LOVE this...I always say...the more you believe, the more your receive...THANKS for sharing.