Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It appears it's time... R U READY TO LIST?

Erin draws these cute birds!
My husband just plucked a dandelion from the front yard and handed it to me.  Friends are saying their daffodils are coming up..( I haven't checked mine yet...  But as I look out my kitchen window it appears the Lamb's Ear is perking up... btw I'm not a fan of that stuff anymore..)  Erin's got cute "bird pics" all over the house.. she's honing her sketching abilities...

Has Spring sprung early this year?  These warm temps are taking my thoughts to the spring (and dare I say.. ) SUMMER months!!

Plus pendings are picking up at the office!  I just called Barbie and asked her to look up at the pending board.. she said there are 46 pended sales as of Feb 1st in our office alone.  A pended offer is an offer that has been accepted and headed to closing!  If I do the math that's 2.09 sellers accepting an offer every day so far this month -- JUST IN OUR OFFICE. 


Dance with me...

But only for a minute.. we are busy out here.  Take off that apron and put on your walkin' boots.. we've got houses to see!

BTW Here are a few TIPS that I have often given SELLERS who are PREPARING TO LIST their homes:

Check out your window blinds, make sure their straight, not bent or broken -- replace them if necessary.

Empty out a walk-in closet so that it does not look stuffed.  A buyer will not appreciate a large closet if it is full to the max.

Stand outside your front door and look closely at your surroundings.. this is where a prospective buyer makes his first impression while he waits for the agent to fumble for keys and open the house.

Don't bother (unless absolutely necessary) to have the carpets cleaned.  Let the buyer ask for this as there will (hopefully) be all kinds of traffic during these possibly rainy spring months.

Make sure your house does not smell like cigarettes or pets... and if you have to ask that one person in your life who won't sugar coat anything to come over and tell you straight.. then do it!

Less is more!  I hate to use the infamous HGTV term "de-clutter" but by all means.. it's a must.

Home inspectors offer a "pre-sale" inspection for sellers.  This will provide you with all kinds of valuable information and put you in a good position when it comes to negotiations. 

Remember -- if you want top dollar for your house you have to make sure the product matches the price!  Try as hard as you can not to be sentimental.  Use a realtor that will tell you the truth and not just what you want to hear.

Call me if you want more info about this!! 

HAPPY EARLY SPRING!

No comments: