Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I hardly remember how today started.  I know I pulled into the parking lot at my office and thought.. I've done well.. both kids are dropped off and now I've got a few moments to get things done.  From there.. it gets foggy.

LUCKY NUMBERS

Yesterday I wrote an offer for a client.  She wanted to incorporate her lucky numbers into the offer...


"I would like the offer to be 85,034.22"  She said.

"I've never written an offer with cents," I said, "and I'm not real comfortable with that."


Well, it turns out that the Bears won the SuperBowl in '85.  Walter Payton's number was 34.  And there's another important guy that wears the number 22.

"Ok,"  I say, "What if we offer a whole number and ask to close on May 22nd?"

She said that would work b/c apparently the Bears are red tagging/shirting this 22 guy.

So, I give the offer to the seller's agent.  We are aware there is another offer on this house and they are in a counter situation.. but the seller's agent say he likes our offer and will present it to his client along with the other counter.

Today was a long day.. but the last client I spoke to -- only a few minutes ago -- by phone  -- was this girl with the LUCKY NUMBERS.

I said I was sorry to have to tell her that her offer was not accepted.  The counter offer was $1000 more and even though the seller's agent thought our offer had other things in it that were better for his client.... the seller chose to accept the other counter.

Without missing a beat my client responds:

"The Bears won the Super Bowl in the 85 season ..but the year was 86."

Imagine that! 






No comments: