Sunday, May 13, 2012

Pizza, Presents, Poitier, Pasta with Prom, my People, and Proverbs (..not in that order.)




Poitier
I got to spend a little time by myself -- in my own house -- Saturday afternoon.. It was reminiscent of my days at home with Mom and Dad.. They'd leave for a little while and I would TOTALY pamper myself by indulging in a pint of Haagen Daz (I was an ice cream snob in those days..) Perrier (whatever..) and a movie rental.  No kidding.. those three things.. I did it as often as I could.. I was waaay young.. had nothing better going on.

So, yesterday when my husband and daughters went out to do some "secret shopping" I jumped in the bed, flipped on the tv, and came across...

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner!

YES!  I've never seen this movie in it's entirety.. 



And I still haven't.. I'm to the point where both fathers have decided they are not in favor of this marriage but the mothers are about to encourage the kids to go for it anyway  ??? (Maybe..) Don't ever tell me what happens!  ...There WILL be another opportunity for me to catch this... one-of-these-days.

Pasta with Prom
I left the movie to join my family for dinner.  We were once again treated to the fashion show that is "Dinner before Prom in Terre Haute."  ..we have fun with that. 

Proverbs
It's Mother's Day.  Breakfast in Bed, fru-fru outfit (on me.)  Kids in sweet dresses.  Husband lookin' handsome.  Sermon is from Proverbs 31.

At one point I lean over to my husband and admit... "This sermon is a little uncomfortable on Mother's Day."

It's alot to live up to, a checklist of the perfect woman.

Then I got it.. and I was thankful for it. 

The pastor didn't say this but I realized afterwards.. When the kids don't live-up-to-what-I-want-them-to I don't walk away and start humming Cee Lo Green songs.


I will continue to be a better Momma, a better wife, daughter, woman-at-large.. and I will continue to receive great big helpings of mercy when I miss the mark.


Presents
G can NOT hardly keep a secret... she tries.. but it usually goes this way:

"I got you something for Mother's Day.  I won't tell you what it is.. but you PUT IT IN THE GROUND AND IT GROWS!"


How sweet!! (Now where do I have the space to grow WATERMELONS in the backyard??)

My People





Pizza
Final thought:

We usually get the thin crust pizza at Monicals.. but Dad wanted to try the thick crust.. YUM!!!

Pepperoni and sausage pan pizza from Monicals ROCKS!











No comments: