Friday, July 5, 2013

It's been a long tea time of the soul...

Let's call the last few months a hiatus from blogging.. I'm not sure why I took one.... I think my nerves got the best of me.. 

But I'm back!  

I love to blog and --although my thoughts and opines may not be necessary to keep the world spinning -- I like writing them down.. and I very much appreciate you reading them!





This is me on a ferris wheel last night - stopped at the top!  I'm afraid of heights... can you tell?

I was playing it calm, not letting on -- which, until now, has NOT been my M-O. 


My daughters reminded me of something last night.  I watched my youngest spread her arms -- in the air -- while we were spinning real fast -- FOR THE FIRST TIME --

....on those dreaded swings.  

I CAREFULLY strapped my youngest in --dare I trust a carnival worker?  No way!  I made sure to clip and attach and close everything I needed to.  (Sidenote -- I did it wrong.  The beloved carnival worker had to correct me.  Thank God for that guy!)

I saw her holding onto the bar.. I was sure she was probably scared... and then I saw her let go.. pull her hands only (maybe) 3 inches from the bar.. and then grab it again.  And then...

THIS...



You and I do this too.  We pull our hands a few inches from the bar and then we realize we won't fall and we let go. 

Sometimes we're wrong.

Sometimes we're right.

I do that with offers.  I present an offer to a seller or an idea to a buyer.  I wince, I play devil's advocate, and then I let go...

That's a nice feeling.

Happy (belated) Independence Day.. Happy feel-free-to-let-go-of-the-bar-and-try day!  

No comments: