Thursday, July 25, 2013

What.a.day....

It's summer... and the Hill's want to spend as much time together as possible, right?

But I had a laundry list of things to do today.

Fortunately Matt's between projects so I asked all three of them to pile into the car and come along for what I THOUGHT would be a few hours of work...




I had a list.

It wouldn't take long.



In reality -- we were gone from 10:20am to 7:00pm.



It was like a trip to Indianapolis.  72 miles on the car -- just around Terre Haute!

Documents showed up and needed delivered, loan issues needed settled, there were impromptu showings..

We managed by giving the kids a job  or two to do -- something to be in charge of whether it was flyer delivery, text rider detail or song selection on the radio.

A stop for ice cream.

And I lucked out when it turned out there was a park right next to the house I was showing!!

My favorite part -- on the drive home we put all the windows down -- all 4! --  since it was so nice outside.  What?  We never drive with all the windows down... (These girls aren't raised like I was - '74 Pinto - didn't know air condition existed in a car or a house!) So we were driving like we were in a convertible blaring Mumford & Sons across 25th and Wabash -- on the way back to our cherished home after a long day of everyone working hard to help Mommy.



We were together ALL day!  We were still happy!  And I got it all done!

I lucked out today.. another day they may not have been so congenial -- and their walkie talkie batteries may not have lasted as long.. (they found out they can pick up truckers when we're on the road.. that was fun!)






No comments: