Sunday, August 4, 2013

Walls can't talk ...but Post-It notes can!

I think Jeff and Melissa are fabulous.

15 years ago I met them for the first time at my friend Georgia's "going away" party -- they brought a friend of their own -- MY HUSBAND!


Yep!  Matt and I met for the first time via THE MILLERS! ...And Georgia!



The SECOND TIME I met Matt it was actually at the Miller's home in Farrington Grove.  He was working with Jeff on a MAJOR house renovation.  I wanted to say something nice but was a little dumbfounded by all the drywall dust and lack of ...ceiling.  So I stumbled over the words "I like your... tool belt.. you look.. very ...handy!"



14 years and 5 kids between us later... The Miller's have enjoyed their completely renovated home to the point they've outgrown it.



Just like yours and mine, this home has history -- it has stories -- it could give you an earful!

So - how can Jeff and Melissa talk about their house when they're not there to guide the tour?

How can they make their walls talk?



How can they tell people about that hidden dishwasher?  (I like that..)


What's in their yard?  How will people know if it's not blooming?



Melissa loved living downtown.. How can she tell you about that?


I really like this idea of staging a house with memories.. pointing out hidden amenities.

Make your walls talk to it's possible buyer!  They ALWAYS have a lot to say!!

(PS... Gina wants to buy this house because Sofie lived there!  See!  Sometimes it's about more than location!)






No comments: