Saturday, October 3, 2009

Realy likin' this new season!

Fire is supposed to make everything pure...Fall air makes everything FEEL clean.

The Fall Festival "happened" last night. As PTO President I was excited to plan my "first one." I didn't have a nervous stomach, there were no anxious moments...but I would wander from time to time if this was going to be acceptable. If parents would like it enough to get involved in the next event.... Notoriously low parental involvement is staring me down right now.

Oh please! Please! Come, bring your children! Let's have fun.....AND WE DID! Well, I didn't have "fun" persay...as we ran out of all the food and I never did get to play with bh3 (big hill#3) at any point in the evening. But, more chili and hotdogs were delivered, bh3 got her face painted, played in the Jolly Jump, had grandma, grandpa, and daddy there to play with, and was genuinely understanding of my plight. Even bh#4(big hill #4) got to make herself a necklace (she was such a good little girl ..mostly hangin' out with grandpa.)

AND...there was ALL KINDS of POSITIVE FEEDBACK -- from parents AND teachers! I love it when people actually bother to compliment...I was diagnosed by my 2nd grade teacher as a child who needs constant reassurance...that hasn't changed..

...Then in the same Fall themed weekend...my little fam donned our jackets and headed to Pioneer Days. Where the MEN wear the FURS! Very fun, the girls made candles...which we forgot to light when we got home this evening. They also made some kind of picture-twister-thing (a Thaum----ajigger) that is supposed to be what started the whole science of film...and maybe tv? My daughter is certainly thankful for this little invention...as she has told me once before... "I was born to watch tv!" ...?

I wish (BH#1 -- my husband -- hates it when I say "I wish") .. I wish I had taken pictures during both of these events...didn't happen. Too busy livin' it out.

So, I hope the cool weather lasts. I LOVE IT.... Two punkin's and a mum... Something hot and spicy on the stove... Something warm and sweet in the oven... a cozy sweatshirt... rosy cheeks... and bright eyeballs.. mmmm... Priceless!

No comments: