Saturday, March 3, 2012

Alright! Alright!

I am going to admit what some of you already know...

There's no shame in it... look at Jennifer Hudson.. She belts it out on national tv...  and looks great doing it!

For crying out loud... I'm a Weight Watcher.

I've been married for 13 years and been weight watchin' for 12, lifetimer for (maybe) 3/4s of that time.

TODAY was a meeting just for LIFETIMERS at our "secret location" ...kidding!  (...At the Meadows.)


Upon finding my seat and hunkerin' down to listen to another immensly insightful discussion...

I, myself, am suddenly tapped to speak for 3-4 minutes. 

"About what?"

"What would you say to inactive members?"




Well... I love my leader.... but ....sometimes I can miss her ques and not know exactly which direction she's going in.... even in an ordinary meeting when I just pop-up with my two cents worth and all of a sudden realize "oops... that's not what you were talking about...sorry!"

She gave me no other idea of what we would talk about other than .."answer that question."

What do I do ..my brother is a pastor ... 3 point sermon.. do that... think of 3 points... and your on!

You may or may not believe this ...but it went over pretty well...

If you're struggling with something you know you need to get back to.. WW, exercise, devotions, continuing ed, MARKETING even... (I am going to connect it to marketing in my mind anyway.. gotta ALWAYS stay up on that)  here's my two cents on the subject:

Point 1:

I completely empathize... my journey has been up an down...  I know that when one area of my life is out of whack.. other areas tend to be as well.  And there are always excuses as to why things are topsy turvy or why I can't make a WW meeting.  But when I find that "groove" -- look out!



Point 2:

Funnily enough the successful Weight Watcher is referred to as a LIFETIMER..  There is no "6 Month Timer" that walks away with a success award.  Don't beat yourself up if over your lifetime you have ups and downs -- and don't give up what you want.. Use your lifetime to grab it if you have to!



Point 3:

Find something comforting in what you should be doing.  For instance, I find HUGE comfort in food... I can sometimes replace that [bad place to find comfort] by going to a WW meeting, listening to other people, know that they have the same problelms I have and they are finding success.  I recall their faces during the week when I am struggling and get encouragement from them. 

Lucky Gina

:) Good luck to you peeps!  ...I need a lot of it most of the time!!





No comments: