Monday, March 26, 2012

If you could make your house look prettier...

I run through my neighborhood.  Got a 3 mile route mapped out and I can really enjoy myself with a some Need to Breathe and a little Daylight Savings Time.

I've been doing this for 8 years, running by the same houses. 

A week ago I noticed one house that I have looked at hundreds of times.. looked ...really pretty. 

Hmm!  What's different?

Then I figured it out!

It's something I often suggest my sellers do.

Infact NOW is a GREAT time for anybody to do it.

Matt always does it at our house.. but I may have give it a try.  Feel the power, slam some dirt.   Maybe it's a stress reliever at the same time it's a good tool for sprucing up your place!




Now you know!

They POWER WASHED their house!

This is the best way to get that GREEN MILDEW off your siding and make everything look NEW again.  If your siding is painted wood ..you might want to use soap and water with a scrub brush (not as user friendly as a power washer.)  But with brick or vinyl siding a power washer is a no brainer. 

And.. you can usually find these to rent from a local equipment rental company such as Complete Outdoor here in Terre Haute.  (They have no idea I just mentioned them here.)

The steps:

1. Grab a free afternoon (that may be the hardest part.)

2.  Plug some good tunes in your ears.

3.  Close your windows.

4.  Make sure your Christmas lights are put away.  All electrical items secured.

5.  POWER WASH!

6.  Take yourself out for a nice evening... :)

No comments: