Thursday, April 8, 2010

Another Milestone Yesterday....

Matt had a birthday and all went well. He is wearing his (slightly older than last week) age very well.

Of course he would.

I think Matt's one of those "old souls" that people talk about.

Matt takes on life like someone who's been through it once already.

Matt's got a "knowing."

He knows things about things. He is (as we all know) capable of building, fixing, creatin' anything...

But, to my surprise -- and absolute delight -- he also has a "knowing" about ....me.

Things come up ALL the time that make me question, make me nervous, worried, anxious.

I TALK TO MATT. (Of course, I pray about things ..but, thank God, I can talk to Matt.)

Matt has put so many things into perspective for me. I love his perspective ...his "knowing." It's positive. It's comfortable. It's easy on me. It has calmed me down on many-a-hair-raising-occasion.

Is that what makes someone an old soul?

At the same time he stays very ...oh, I hate to be so cliche but... "young at heart." He, himself, says he has Peter Pan Syndrome. -- Well if you have to be sick with something...

So Matt had a birthday yesterday and the 3 women in his life celebrated having him in ours.

I love you Matt. .....Happy Birthday.

No comments: