Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I won the referal contest at work!

Yippee! I won the referal contest at work!

I won it last year too!

What's the secret?

For me it is learning to listen.. and not assume.. turn over those rocks!

I used to work at an insurance office and I would pick and choose who I thought could buy life insurance or who would just want the basic auto insurance based on what I saw or some first opinion I had formed. I was wrong on several occassions.

Sit down and talk to these people. Pick up on little things.

Be knowledgable of all your services. This last client needed somthing to rent and I was able to refer her to an agent in the town she is moving to. Had I not known (I actually had to check) but had I not found out that my company could refer someone who needs to rent rather than buy ..I would have missed out on that opportunity.

Know what you sell, or what you offer, or what you have at your disposal. These are tools in our toolbox.

Speaking of..(tools in the toolbox) I am still working on the first grade thing. E came home and said so-and-so didn't like her and I took it HARD. Because blah...blah..blah... see I am starting down my whining path again.

Lord, please help me with this. Truely, it needs to be a priority. Let me be a woman of my word. Help me take my own advice and more importantly yours.

No comments: