Thursday, April 22, 2010

Update on my Assistant!

Well, my assistant has hit a patch of "not good" health. Blood pressure shot up (and by shot up I mean I've never heard such a high # used to describe blood pressure.) We had to go to the emergency room.



We walked into the ER at REGIONAL HOSPITAL (which looked very nice, clean, well laid out, and new btw.) We had to walk because my assistant was not in the mood to run. Unfortunately the receptionist at the check in desk mistook that as a sign that we were in no mood to hurry -- period.



When they finally called the person ahead of her on "the list" and that persons family members shouted out "He's outside smoking!" I thought THAT'S IT!



Grabbed the nurse and told her we truely had an emergency!



So, now my assistant has had all the tests run. I mean it -- ALL! And.... nothing is wrong with her. Thankfully. But why did her blood pressure shoot up? I don't know, they don't know. But she will watch her cholesterol.



No greasy foods as her and I sit together at my open houses on Sunday afternoons and do our brain teaser puzzles. (We never did have greasy food, but I'm not above trying to slip it in -- now I know better.)



We usualy sit at these open houses and do brain teaser puzzles. We are huge fans of two in particular that are in the USA TODAY everyday: Quick Cross and Up And Down Words. We chit chat, catch up, talk about Young and the Restless and get to enjoy each other for awhile.

She is a fabulous assistant and an even greater MOTHER-IN-LAW!

I'm glad she's doing better!!

No comments: