Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hey Paul... Hey Vicki! xoxo

Things are good... I'm good... But every-once-in-a-while the proverbial fly gets in the ointment... we (I) vent for just a moment and then ask Matt to get the fly swatter -- because I don't like to squash bugs....

(eh-hem) Appraisors.

I'm just pausing for a moment while the tremors stop.

'Having trouble with an appraisal on a rather stale property I'm trying to sell. Finally get a low-ball offer on it accepted and the appraisor comes back even $10k lower. ????

Even the buyer was blown away as he told me this afternoon that he already felt like he was taking advantage of the seller with his ridiculously low price. Now the seller will have to reduce even farther???

And get this: I was actually given the heads up that this particular appraisor was "conservative" (AKA BLIND -- my opinion) before he even went out and looked at the place. So we (I mean the sellers) were already at a disadvantage coming in and there wasn't a darn thing we could do about it.

See how relative everything involved in this sale actually is?

Price, condition, location -- all relative. Appraisors opinion -- relative. The only thing that is more or less "factual" is the buyers ability to get the loan. And then it has only become a more "factual" process of late.

And as a side note -- why they get a copy of the purchase agreement is beyond me. The lender can't talk to the appraisor -- not even order the appraisal unless via a third party sometimes. YET!! The appraisor gets the pa and right there on the 1st page is the price, the earnest money, the loan type, amount financed, interest rate, points, term, and concessions. WHAT MORE COULD THE LENDER TELL THEM?????

When Bert gets back from vacation (on Monday, I hope) I'm going to park it in his office and seriously discuss talking to the state legislature about this one! I can't be the only person who wants to do this... I bet I could get a mob together.. A mob as opposed to a petition because I am under the persuasion that one should never sign a petition.

***

This isn't the first time I've been screwed up by an appraisal but it is, so far, the worst....


***

Now.

I have learned over my short years in this business not to get too hot too soon. Things have a way of working out and I am confidant they will. BUT GEESH AM I FRUSTRATED AT THE MOMENT!

(And it is very hard for a frustrated girl like me to stay out of the refrigerator!!!!)

No comments: