Monday, March 22, 2010

Phew!

Maybe I'll go into more detail about this at another time... Maybe I won't ever feel the need....

'Stuck (only on a certain level) for the last 11 years worrying about bad decisions I'd made. 'Feeling very self concious for the last 11 years -- even worrying I might run into certain someones in town ...or afraid I could never hold a political office. ...Totally took this waaaay too far in my mind -- but that's what I do. I exaggerate, I turn things into a bigger deal than they need to be.

Finally over it.

How strange the way it happened too. I ran into THE person that I was so intimidated by. I have run into this person before and always walked away feeling horrible or heavy hearted or embarrassed or sub par or stupid. Always worried about seeing this person and having my day ruined. 'Would ruin several good days by just worrying. Doesn't this sound ridiculously terrible? Well...

Anyway, half expecting to run into this person at a local grocery. I rushed toward the checkout carrying my daughter's pull-ups and BOOM! There! But this time something easy came over me. I was feeling pretty happy and I guess didn't want that to change. I think maybe my confidance level was higher than usual. Whatever it was. The encounter ...was fine. Words exchanged, there was a smile. Not a crazy 'deer in the headlights' look. Relief. Hmmm...no need to worry.

Can you believe this ("non") event has changed my life??

Crazy -- but true.

I have one less thing to worry about now. And trust me, it was about time!

No comments: