Thursday, March 25, 2010

BINGO!

I read Harriet the Spy when I was younger. Loved it! Made me want to become a journalist.. until Linda Ellerbee's book screwed me up.. Anyway, I found a copy at an American Cancer Society book sale for 2 bucks and was just tickled! Now I will be reading that to Erin soon.

I bring this up because there is a house I want in town here. I have mentioned it to Matt. He knows where it is. There are actually 2 houses near one another in town. One sits on (not kidding) 17 ACRES(!) the other 2 acres. Well, a wonderful little old motorcylce shop owner owns the larger of the two properties and has in mind a golden egg in the form of a sale price... so forget him. But, my little 2 acre house... hmmmm.... (enter Harriet.)

My Harriet no longer sits in window sills or climbs on roof tops to gather her information. Today she simply hit a few keys on the laptop and POOF! I now know all I need to know about the rather young owner of my coveted house. (Kinda scary huh?) Truely, I know more than she probably expected a stranger to be able to find out. I know she doesn't always stay there, I know it's extremely close to family members, I know where she is now, I know she has just bought a passport, I know she keeps high dollar items onsite while she is out of town... Don't you think that's too much information for me to know? I agree. None-the-less, she sounds like a terrific gal (with a maybe too carefree attitude about what she puts online) -- and one other thing I know...

She wants to live in PA! No kidding! Well, maybe she'll want to sell? I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, PLEASE watch what you post online. Geesh!

No comments: